Sunday, April 10, 2011

Beyond--Method # 7 Next Gen Presentations

I enjoyed looking at these presentation options. I had done some work with Prezi and GoogleDocs, but not any of the others. Remember when PowerPoint was the newest, best thing ever? Not any more. There are a lot of options that are really interesting.

I decided to explore Sliderocket in a little more depth than the others. I imported a PowerPoint that I created last year and just played around with some of the available edits. I know that there is a lot more that I could have done, but I didn't have a lot of time to experiment. Nice to know it's available, though.

Here's what I created. It's a presentation that I gave last year to my district librarians about Dulcinea Media.



Another presentation tool that was not listed in this section that I have used is Glogster. I like it because everything is on one slide that can be made very visually appealing. The slide can be customized with links, photos, videos, clip art, etc. Here is the presentation I created for my library orientation.



It is fun to play (in the purposeful sense) with these tools, but I think it important to remember that content is still the most important aspect. I think that some of these presentations have so much "stuff" on them that viewers could be distracted from the message. It's also important to remember that technology tends to fail at the most inconvenient times, so a backup plan would be essential.

Most of these tools have tutorials that would make it possible for me to help a student or staff member create a presentation, even if I had not used that particular tool myself.
Time spent on Method #7--approximately 2.5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment