Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Beyond--Method #1 Dust off that blog

"Dust it off" is an accurate description. I have looked at the blog and read some of my old posts, but not added anything new since I finished the TSLAC course.

I enjoyed looking at all of the new options available for blogging. There were several design templates that I liked. I chose this one because I thought it was easier to read than some of the others. I added some new gadgets, changed my profile picture, updated my information--kind of like spring cleaning on the Internet.

I looked at avatars, but decided just to go with a photo because I didn't want to download a program that I didn't know anything about.

Of the 25 styles of blogging (who knew there were so many?), I think that I would be most likely to use life blogging or event blogging.

One funny thing happened while I was working on this step. I was going to look at the 25 Styles of Blogging slideshow while I was in my office today. I clicked on the link and got a message that IE couldn't display the page. I was just about make myself a note to report a broken link when I realized that the Internet was not working at all on my computer. Then I found out it wasn't just my computer, it was a problem throughout my entire school district. It wasn't the link, it was me!

I guess some things never change. When I first looked at the TSLAC site for this class, I got panicky. Just like when I was taking classes in library school, I was thinking that I had forgotten everything I ever knew and there was no way I could do this. Then I settled down and just started reading carefully and following directions step by step. I'm feeling a little better now. We'll see what Method #2 brings!


Time spent on Method #1--approximately 3.5 hours.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for signing up to help us with this! Your feedback is priceless to us because it will help us make this program better for others who will take it after you! So thank you again!

    And regarding your broken link/Internet outage story, that is funny. :-) I had a series of technology mishaps yesterday while preparing for a Webinar and found myself repeating that old saying "technology is great....when it works!" :-)

    Best wishes, Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: technology is great--I would have finished Method 2 yesterday, but my computer is giving me an error message about a bad image of Windows or something like that. Better get that checked out. It's always something.

    ReplyDelete