Thursday, April 7, 2011

Beyond--Method #3 Where in the World? Geography and Travel 2.0

I have used Google Maps and MapQuest before, but I have never created or saved a map to post on a website. With the directions that were given, I had no trouble at all in creating a map for my library. Here is the one I made.

View MFHS Library in a larger map

Just for practice and for fun, I did create a page on my library website for this map and I linked the map to it. I made the page inactive so that no one who visits the website will be able to see it. I know that the school address is public information, but it just seems a little scary to post a map. Besides, probably most people who need to come to the library already knows where it is since my patrons are students and staff at my school. I can see that a map like this would be useful for public libraries where patrons may not be aware of library locations. Still a fun thing to know, though. I just had classes in the library doing reports on vacation spots. I can definitely see them using a feature like this. I wish I had seen this before they came.

Time spent on Method #3--approximately 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment